Whether you’re a new committee or board member or you’ve been doing it for a while, there is always more to learn about your legal responsibilities. In this popular training session, a lawyer from Justice Connect’s Not-for-profit Law will help you unpack the A-Z of governance.
You’ll learn about:
- What is the legal role of committee/board members as decision makers
- What is the difference between governance and management
- What are some common not-for-profit legal structures and charity status
- Why your organisation’s constitution and purpose are important
- Four key legal duties of committee/board members
- Potential liabilities and how to protect yourself and your organisation.
Who should attend?
New and current committee/board members and senior staff of not-for-profits.
Here’s what some of participants have said about this training:
- ’The training was fantastic – it was really well facilitated, really simply presented for the community with great interaction’
- ‘I feel more confident that I understand the scope of what I should know. Wish I did this 18 months ago when I joined the board!’
- ‘While I have had previous trainings about the same topic, this training really deepened my understanding.’
Proudly funded by the NSW Government.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.