Length: 56km with 299m of ascent
Riders can start wherever they please on this loop but we suggest beginning at Iandra Castle – links below.
Enjoy this start location, as it is another beautiful landmark in the Weddin Shire. For the first ~4km riders will be on paved roads. Staring on Iandra and then along Tyagong Hall Rd before turning right and onto the first section of gravel along Dunkleys Rd. This ~8km section is rather flat and straight, sit back and enjoy the country views as you pedal through the farm lands.
Riders will cross Tyagong Creek Rd during this ~8km section before turning left at ~12.5km onto Lewis Lane, which is gravel. There are a number of left and right turns along Lewis Lane as you wind your way along Gerrybang Rd which is paved.
For just over ~3km you continue along Gerrybang Rd when it will turn back to a gravel road as you head south. At ~26,5km you will make a very hard right onto Parnells Lane. This is a nice and narrow road through more beautiful Weddin countryside.
The gravel will turn to paved roads at ~31km when you turn right onto Tyagong Hall Rd which is followed by a left turn on Henry Lawson Way (HLW). Please use caution along this ~2.5km section and keep left. This is not to confuse you but you will turn off HLW onto Jerrybang Lane (a different road to Gerrybang Rd) at ~36km. Enjoy another marvellous section of gravel road.
Along Jerrybang Lane is The Rustic Maze & Country Garden ~43km. If it is open it is worth the time to stop in and check out the maze which is made out of corrugated iron sheeting.
Turn off Jerrybang Lane at ~44.5km with a left turn onto Rosewood Lane. This ~5km section takes you back up towards the Castle where you will turn left onto Iandra Rd and ride 6.5km back on paved road to your starting point.
Start and finish : Iandra Castle, 870 Iandra Rd, Greenethorpe NSW 2809 – https://goo.gl/maps/8qaLL4MTBctzowBg7
If the Castle is closed, there is ample area to park on Iandra Rd.
Iandra Castle is 34km / 26 min drive from 88 Main Street Grenfell – https://goo.gl/maps/EeHYKq8SboaVqFCP6
Bathrooms : NA at the start if the Castle is closed. If The Rustic Maze & Country Garden are open they have facilities ~43km.
Phone : Very limited access when you away from town.
Bikes : MTB / Gravel / Flat Bar / e-versions of these bikes with suitable gravel tyres
Paved v’s un-paved : 45% v’s 55%
Highest Elevation on ride : 446m above sea-level at 51km
Lowest Elevation on ride : 321m above sea-level at 2km
Rating : 2.5 / 5 due to elevation
Estimated Ride Times : @ 15kph : ~3:44 hours // @ 25kph : ~2:14 hours
Cuesheet : turn by turn instructions can be found on the Ride with GPS Link
Notes : There is a section along Henry Lawson Way. Use caution and keep left. Make sure you go through the Cycling Check List below.
Cycling Check List
- Your own cycling safety is your responsibility so stay aware and take stock of your surroundings
- Follow the road rules at all times
- Check your bike and equipment before you depart, i.e. tyre condition, well lubed chain, helmet condition etc. Make sure it is all in good working order and if in doubt take it to your local bike shop before you venture out
- Always tell someone where you are going and your estimated time of return
- Check the weather forecast for the area where you will be riding
- Carry maps &/or a well charged GPS device for the area you are riding in
- Phone coverage is not always available, but a well charged phone should be carried in case of emergency
- Carry spare tubes, tyre levers, pump and multi-tool at a minimum
- Always carry enough water, food and suncream as you will be in remote areas
- It is highly recommended that you do not ride alone in remote areas
- Always be aware that roads and conditions regularly change, especially on country gravel roads
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.